Ornamental Horticulture has been identified as a scarce skill
BC Landscape Training and Consultancy has been actively involved in the delivery of learnerships and skills programmes in Ornamental Horticulture to Municipal Parks Departments. Training is conducted at the Municipal Parks Department premises, where we have access to the facilities.
We have a close working relationship with Local Government SETA, who is taking a keen interest in the funding of skills development of Parks Department employees.
We offer a full service, both for 18(1) employed and 18(2) unemployed learnership programmes
We can assist with the following:
- Learner interviews and selection.
- Completion of learner “Annexure B” learnership contracts.
- Registration of learners on the AGRI-SETA database.
- Quality facilitation in a range of African languages.
- Formative and summative assessment processes.
- Effective reporting structures to the Municipality.
- Moderation of learner portfolio of evidence files.
- Certification and issue of SAQA certificates.
Municipalities have shown a preference for the following training programmes:
|National Certificate: Plant Production NQF Level 1||SAQA ID. No. 48972|
|National Certificate: Plant Production NQF Level 2||SAQA ID. No. 48975|
|GETC: Horticulture NQF Level 1||SAQA ID. No. 49668|
|GETC: Horticulture (Sports Turf) NQF Level 1||SAQA ID. No. 49668|
|National Certificate: Horticulture NQF Level 2||SAQA ID. No. 66589|
|National Certificate: Horticulture (Sports Turf) NQF Level 2||SAQA ID. No. 66589|
|National Certificate: Landscape Irrigation NQF Level 2||SAQA ID. No. 66429|
|National Certificate: Landscaping NQF Level 3||SAQA ID. No. 66649|
|Certificate: Horticulture NQF Level 4||SAQA ID. No. 21024|
|Certificate: Horticulture (Sports Turf) NQF Level 4||SAQA ID. No. 21024|
Mower Operation (walk behind / ride on mowers)
Arboriculture (street trees)
Health and Safety in Horticulture
Interior Plantscaping (plant displays)
Propagation and Production of Plants